- Most Likely – Daniel will be on to open first meeting, welcome everyone, introduce the group leader & leave.
- Introductions: Name, where are you from, (3) interesting things about themselves, anything else you want to share about yourself.
Now there is in Jerusalem by the sheep gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew Bethesda, having five porticoes. In these lay a multitude of those who were sick, blind, lame, and withered, waiting for the moving of the waters; for an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool and stirred up the water; whoever then first, after the stirring up of the water, stepped in was made well from whatever disease with which he was afflicted. A man was there who had been ill for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had already been a long time in that condition, He said to him, “Do you wish to get well?” The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me.” Jesus said to him, “Get up, pick up your pallet and walk.” Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and began to walk. (John 5:2-9, NASB)
- As we reflect on this passage it is important to recognize a few points:
- First, the man had been ill for 38 years. Some of you have been grappling with this addiction for decades.
- Second, Jesus recognized that the man had lost hope. When He asked the man “do you want to get well?” the guy responded with excuses.
- Third, Jesus provided the healing but the man had to take the action. He had to get up and walk.
- As you begin this journey today, I have one question for you: “Do you want to get well?”
- Up to this point you have been living off of excuses:
- I deserve this.
- If only she were more responsive to my needs.
- I am overly sexual. I can’t help myself.
- Nothing is going to change so why bother trying?
- Sound familiar?
- Gentlemen, this is going to be the hardest thing you will ever do in your life. But if you are committed to change and practice transparency and accountability this will be the most transformational event in your life next to salvation.
- Don’t kid yourself. This is going to take work. As Dr. Ted Roberts likes to say, change comes one miracle a day. From my experience each day is progressively easier than the previous one.
- We are looking for progress not perfection. I know this grates against all of your Type A performance mentalities but trying harder doesn’t work. There will be setbacks. It is your job to keep moving forward.
- I like to say it took me (Number Of Years) years to wade into the swamp. I can’t expect to walk back out in 18 weeks.
- But this time around there will be other men to pick you up and help carry you forward. You are not alone. Warriors often say that when in battle they do not fight for a nation or a cause but for the men to the right or left of them. Look around your screen. These men are your Band of Brothers for the next 10 months.
Basic Discussion Topics
- The Standards and expectations of participation
- The goals of the group
- The processes they will go through
- The programs they will use
- The Daily Check In’s
- The 30 Minute Shut Downs
- The Positive Confessions
Basic Discussion Topics
- Ice Breaker
- Where they live
- 3 interesting things about themselves
- Personal Stories: 2 (Leader & (Co-Leader, if Applicable))
- What you need: Appropriate Book for Process
- Group Structure – 2 Hours
- 5 minutes after the hour group starts… Don’t be late!
- 25 minutes – Check in’s: always be prepared to report your week on these 5 questions:
- 1) What is the lowest you got on the Faster Scale this week.
- 2) Where are you on your commitment to change? (The final question from previous week)
- 3) Have you lied to anyone this week, directly or indirectly?
- 4) What have you done to improve your relationship with your, Wife, Family member or Friend?
- 5) What are you going to intentionally do this week for your commitment to change. (follow up will be the following week, see question 2)
- 60-75 Minutes – Lesson Discussion
- 15 Minute Prayer Request & Prayer
- Group Guidelines – Found On Member Site Under Additional Tools
- Memo of Understanding – REQUIRED – Found On Member Site Under Additional Tools
- Covenant to Contend – REQUIRED – Found On Member Site Under Additional Tools
- Weekly Check-Ins:
- Every two days
- Group Text Chat – Done On RW App – Find on Member Site Under Member’s FAQ
- Phone Roster – For Weekly Phone Calls
- Covenant Eyes:
- If they do not already have a Covenant Eyes account, they need to get one. – Have Them Contact Daniel – 888-697-9411 Option 1 or Ext 700
- As a Group Leader you will be added as an Allies to their Covenant Eyes account. We DO NOTrecommend that they add other group members to their Covenant Eyes Account!
- Give your Restored Warriors Email Address & Restored Warriors Phone Number & Extension. PLEASE… DO NOT give out your personal information! This is for your privacy and protection!!